16.6K views

Like many others on this site, I ordered two "trial" offers. It was advertised on Facebook with a picture of Ellen Degeneres next to it with the implication that she had such beautiful skin and it was as a result of using their products.

This will be the last time I order anything through Facebook as it seems they do not check out businesses to ascertain their ethical worth. When I ordered these, there was nothing to indicate that these were under a proviso that you must return them within 14 days or your credit card would be charged for the full price ($149.95 each product for a total of $299.90). I only discovered that after contacting my credit card company to challenge the charges. When my package arrived, there was no paperwork or return address on or in the box.

Since I was unaware they would set up automatic monthly charges for subsequent shipments (none of which I received nor ordered), I didn't think twice about the lack of a return address or paperwork. My credit card company has cancelled my card and made me aware that they have an arrangement to inform companies of a credit card change and will not do so at my express request (imagine having to do this to protect yourself). They were not so sure that I would be successful in having these charges cancelled, but did do a reversal for the time being. I really wish there was a way to make others aware of this nasty piece of work of a company and short of posting a message on Facebook, I am not sure what else can be done.

It boggles my mind to think that they may get away with this tactic. I hope this message helps others to avoid this kind of scam.

Do your due diligence and check BEFORE you purchase anything on line. I know I will be doing so from here on in.

Comments

I agree 100% with everything that was said! They are a huge rip off!!!

I was scammed also.. it was not FREE and only pay for shipping, but I was charged!

How does Facebook allow these scam artists to infiltrate their sites?

Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom #1123328

I also been had ,filled for free trile then I notice over 200pounds taken from my credit card ,have now cancelled ,so credit card will look into this ,I feel quite ill from this

#1119765

I had exactly same experience. I wish I read your comments earlier.

The exact same thing happened to me and I had to cancel my credit card and they took out $400 for products that I didn't order and I am now fighting this with my credit card company. Very sad that they can get away with this.

No paperwork, no invoice, no return address and no emails were sent to me.

Only once I started fighting the charges they sent me correspondence. Biggest scam.

Happened to me just now at the cost of nearly £200. Bank insisting I didn't read the small print - it's my job to read that kind of text on a daily basis. Furious.

SCAM SCAM SCAM. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FORM THEM - ESPECIALLY TRIAL OFFERS (THAT'S HOW THE GET YOU)

This guys are professional scammers. I responded to what came as an online survey about Rogers cable and internet, with the promise to get a free gift at the end of it.

Fikled the form to pay $ 5.00 for shipping and was later charged $ 218 for the two products I thought I would receive as gifts.

What a shameful way to market and sell products. I'm impressed this happens in Canada and we can't do anything.

Brampton, Ontario, Canada #1100256

I was charged $179.98 for an offer which was advertised as free offer except for shipping at $5.95 after completing a review on Teksavvy website. The fraud prevention person I talked to at the credit card company (MBNA) from the tone of discussion was quite aware that the merchant was a fraud but still supported the merchant and refused to do anything.

Teksavvy claims on their email response that the merchant is a scam and used their name. I am really pissed on the poor level of customer protection offered by the Government.

How can such a racket still go on when so many in the financial circle is aware of this and still continues to support this. I am cancelling my account with MBNA as they do not care a *** for their clients event though that they have been with them for a decade.

Me too. Have contact bmo to stop paying.

Will see if this works. This scam traces back to 2014?????

still alive now??? Any arrest?

When I ordered these, there was nothing to indicate that these were under a proviso that you must return them within 14 days or your credit card would be charged for the full price.

The product: Beautemer gold serum- Company: Ordebeaute.com - charged me $179.98 on 24th July 2015 & for the same product on the same date another company: Stemacell.com- charged me $169.95; total of $349.93.

I received another Product: Stemologica from Ordebeaute.com ($99.98) and Stemacell.com

($ 99.97) on the 24th August 2015 (Total $199.85)

Total amount they charged for both products is $549.78

On 1st July 2015, Ordebeaute.com - charged me $5.99 & $2.95 as postage cost.

Stemacell.com charged me $5.95 & $2.95 as postage cost. I only discovered that after contacting my credit card company to challenge the charges. When my package arrived, there was no paperwork or return address on or in the box. Credit Card Company says they cannot do anything because we agreed with Terns & conditions, I did not see with the trial offer.

I have paid total amount and my credit card company says they cannot help me to reimburse the payments and has cancelled my card. I hope this message helps others to avoid this kind of scam.

what a scam! NEVER TRY THIS OUT.

it well cost u like 300 bucks. so not worth it. plus it's totally against the law.

people are getting tricked in Canada,US,UK,etc. WHAT IS THIS!?!?!?!?!?

I too did the same as you ordered the trial offer but did not see in the small print that they would charge the full price if you did not return the trial offer, which by the way had to be paid for as well. They duly charged me the full price on my credit card.

I rang my credit card company and put a block on any further payments to the company. I then rang the company and cancelled any further orders. However they sent a further product a month later, which I duly returned to Milton Keynes by return, they tried to charge me for it but it was blocked.

I have now received an e-mail from a debt collection agency for the sum alleged to be outstanding, which I am dealing with at the moment. The point of writing this is to warn all of you what can happen.

BEWARE Never order their products. It's a scam & your credit card will be billed after 14 days the product was apparently received.

Stemologica & Beautemer will offer only a partial refund not a full refund & your credit card will be charged two fees

$ 179.95 & $ 189.98.

Call your credit card company before accepting partial refund & request cancellation of account from the scam company that you were not aware off.

I just received the package and thanks to your comments guys went to the account they created for me to see if there is more details. This is what I found there:

By buying this Special Offer Kit, you will pay only for shipping and handling upon placing the order and will then have 14 days (after processing and delivery time) to try our products and return them if you are not 100% satisfied.

If you choose to keep this kit, you will be charged the full cost of C$179.95. A C$1.95 restocking fee is applicable to all returns.

Charges will appear on your statement as Stemologic.com STEMOLOGIC.COM8552564580 or AW*STEMOLOGIC.COM8552564580. For more information you can contact us at support@stemologic.com.

I also signed up for the free trial just pay shipping and handling. I was a little suspicious when I noticed the two separate charges on my credit card for two different companies but figured oh well its a free trial so I did not do anything.

When the product arrived in the same box I thought nothing of it and mine also did not return any paperwork stating you had to return it in 14 days or you would be charged. My card was charged nearly 2 months later first with a charge for $189.98 then for a charge for $179.95 it was from two different companies when I called to complain since I have disputed the first charge and was assured that no more charges would be charged to my credit company I was told since they were under 2 different names the second charge was allowed to go through. Even though the product has not been used they still will not allow me to return it since the 14 days has passed.

This is one of the biggest scams that I have ever seen and to think that the companies have to do this to make a buck is unfair. Guess I will have to figure out which bill will not get paid this month.

to Anonymous #1071134

I completely agree with your comments....this is ridiculous and underhanded. I had the same experience.

I accepted that I should have been smarter when I did more digging after the first $179 charge and racked it up to another unfortunate life learning. I thought that would be it and then the $189 charge appeared. I thought the $179 covered everything - as it did arrive in one package and can't believe that one bottle costs $189!!!! I'm sorry but none of these products are worth what you'd pay at a drugstore and I thought before I even got the first charge that I was glad they were "kind" enough to offer a trial as I didn't even like them and would never pay for them!

I am not generally a *** or naive person, but I feel like an ***.

The small print in this case was very small and buried pretty deep! Lovely company...oh sorry, TWO companies!

I can't believe how they still can survive with this business and not get caught after conning so many people.

London, Ontario, Canada #1045345

here is the information i got for returns for this so called free offer i have a number and return address for for the beautemer gold serum

here is the phone number 1-855- 256-1301 here is the return address they gave me LoL returns (Beautemer)

41 Parr Blvd

Bolton Ont

L7E-4E3

Dont get scammed send it back as s soon as you get it

to crystal pirie #1057518

I just got mine in the mail and then read all this! Wow. Am going to return it tomorrow and cancel my credit card