As a new Bank Santander customer, I logged into Santander.com by mistake (I later found out that the bank's actual website is at Santander.co.uk.) Up popped a customer survey with every indications that it came from the bank. At the end of the survey I was offer a free gift for my trouble..."how nice of them." I chose a free trial sample of Stemologica face cream, one of the three free gifts offered and I used my debit card to pay the 4.95 pounds packaging and delivery charges. I noticed the next day that they debited 7.95 pounds, but thought "what the ***, my wife will like it."

The package arrived quickly, but devoid of any of the usual sales information which comes with face creams, content details, usage information, warnings of possible side effects, company address for returns and re-orders...nothing but a delivery note with my order number and address, an 0808 telephone number (which no-one ever answers) and an e-mail address for customer services. I ran a Bing search on Stemologica, looking for a web-site that would provide details of how and when to use the different samples. Luckily I found PissedConsumer within a few hours and realised that I'd been scammed.

I called my bank, Santander and spoke to their fraud department and from then on I've been following their advice on how to prevent any further debits from my account. I've cancelled and replaced the debit card I used; I've put a stop on all further payment requests to my account; and I've been keeping Stemologica fully informed on what I'm doing with the samples. In all I've written three e-mails to support@stemologica.com the e-mail address on the delivery documents, informing them that I don't want the samples, or any further products, and that their package of unopened creams has been posted, tracked, delivered and signed for at the "only return address provided by them" - there was an "if undelivered, return to" address on the package label, PO Box 7574, Milton Keynes, MK11 9GQ. So far I haven't had any reply from Stemologica but I've done what the bank said I needed to. I've kept Stemologica fully informed in the only way possible to me, and in my final message I ended it with a statement that I request their confirmation that I have fulfilled all my obligations to return their unwanted product tot hem and I've added that unless I hear from them within 24 hours of me sending this message. their failure to reply will be deemed to constitute their complete acceptance that I have fulfilled all my obligations as a purchaser, and that all responsibilities, each party to the other, have been met in full. I'm now watching my e-mail inbox, hoping that I don't hear anything further from them and I'm checking my account to ensure that no further amounts are taken from it...with the bank's assurance that if any payments are made, they will repay me. This scam has cost me 20 pounds to-date and if that's all it costs me, I'll consider myself very lucky...and I've learned a lot.

Product or Service Mentioned: Stemologica Free Trial.

I didn't like: Being taken for a costly ride.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 27, 2015.

Comments

Mitcham, Merton, United Kingdom #1203923

OMG the very same thing has happened to me,and I have been sent a package from stemologica that I hadn't ordered,I did a survey and received a free gift and thought that was that,so was so surprised when a new package arrived,and no directions for use etc etc.You can't contact them I have tried.I wish someone out there could legally confront them and put a stop to their scamming. susan

Belleville, Ontario, Canada #1200669

My name is Tanya Grealis and I live in Bellville, Ontario Canada. I have been wanting to cancel my account with them for months.

Now that I have found this site I know how to proceed with this task. Wish me Luck!

I will keep you posted. Many Thanks.

to Anonymous #1385104

your a idiot to!

Waterbury, Connecticut, United States #944779

I had the same problem with them and did what you did.

I wrote to them three times and finally had to threaten them with a lawsuit if I didn't get my money back. I told them I didn't care if I had to hire a lawyer and go to court because their company would be open to public scrutiny and their dishonorable marketing practices would be exposed.

They finally gave back the $149.95 they Took from my account as well as the shipping and handling fees.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY, BAD NEWS!