Winamac,Indiana
1.7K views

Dec.17,th I was on Cosmeprof website ordering products. I am a licensed cosmetology instructor and have ordered many times from them.

At the end of my session a pop up said would you mind taking a short survey for Cosmeprof. Of course I said yes. The survey asked me several questions about Cosmeprof and at the end of the survey it said "congratulations" you have won a prize for taking our survey. click here.

So I did and it showed me a small kit of skin care Called Stemologica. Never heard of them before, so I figured it must be something Cosmeprof was promoting. I said yes I wanted the "gift" and the sight directed me to verify my mailing and billing address, which I thought was odd, as Cosmeprof has all of that info, however I did. Then it said I would have to pay $5.95 for shipping and if I wanted to expedite the shipping add an additional 2.95, which I did.

This little, and I mean LITTLE kit looked like a good stocking stuffer. At NO time did it say I was signing up for anything or it was free for 14 days.....nothing at all! My bank contacted me about an hour after I paid the shipping charges and told me that a company StemOkit was charging my account 3 times for $5.95 and $2.95. I told the bank that I had made 1 charge of that combination and to decline the other 2.

The baki said that the charges raised a red flag because it says StemOKit.com Istanbul. Still thinking this was somehow linked to Cosmeprof, I allowed the 1 charge totaling $8.90. Moving forward On Jan6th I see a charge to my bank account for $149.95 from StemOkit.com Istanbul. I immediately called the bank and told them I had purchased nothing but a shipping charge on December 17th.

The bank disputed the charges for me, and then the next day I see another charge, this time from Gold Serum.com Istanbul for another $149.95. I called the bank. They also hit me for $4.95 twice for processing an out of the country processing fee!!!I have no Idea who gold serum is, nor did I order anything. I disputed these charges and the bank gave me the number of both companies to try to get them to reverse the charges in lieu of the hassle of the bank having to investigate fraud and so on....

Both of these companies are ONE IN THE SAME! STEMOKIT (855)306-9019. I get a customer service rep who insists I signed up for their service and if I had returned their "trial offer" un opened, I could have cancelled with in 14 days, but I failed to do that and now I am on service with them. I told her about cosmeprof and the survey etc.

Her response was "I know nothing about that". I told her what her company was doing was fraud and they had better reverse all of the charges or I will report them for fraud. She put me on hold for about 10 minutes then came back and offered me to cancel my subscription and return $80.00 from each of the $149.95 charges. I said "NOT GOOD ENOUGH, let me speak to your supervisor.

She placed me on hold, then hung up on me. I called back on the Gold serum number (855-343-0589 and the same customer service lady answered their phone. I told her I was on hold for the supervisor and she said, yes, I was trying to patch you through. David, the supervisor, basically told me the same thing the customer rep told me and offered me $80.00 of each of the $149.95 charges back.

He insisted I signed an agreement with them therefore I was on the hook and he was doing me a favor by offering me $160.00 for over $300.00 in charges that I didn't order and only ever received this little tiny sample kit that I paid shipping for. Again I told him this was fraud and I have disputed these charges with the bank. He said "did you already dispute the charges?' I replied "Yes" and he said "then I am giving you nothing back" I asked him for his last name and address of his company he refused to give me either. The only thing he would tell me is that he was in the State of South Carolina and his extension # is 3044.

I have filed fraud charges through my bank. So far the bank has given me $149.95 back. I have also filed fraud charges with Internet crime complaint center (IC3) it is a division of the FBI that investigates internet fraud. I tried to file a complaint with the BBB, but they only have Stemologica listed in Louisville, Ky.

No address just a P.O. box. I also contacted Cosmeprof and spoke to their corporate office.

Cosmeprof/ Armstrong McCall on the west coast, knew nothing of this and are investigating it themselves. All you people out there that have been scammed by this fraudulent company GO AFTER them!

Reason of review: Did not order, did not receive.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 17, 2015.

Comments

every time when they ask about my personal information, especially related to money, I will stop the free deal !!!!

London, England, United Kingdom #1067452

you must investigate this crooked company as they will just carry on taking your money.

i had the exact same thing happen to me, i also called them and got the same response, i just lost $179.95. this is not right, can anything be done about this, it was advertised as free product, just has to pay the 5.99 for shipping.

not happy about this at all. scammers

same happened to me (only the survey for taking which I was promised "gift" was about BELL). Just want to add that behind all of these :

stemologica.com

stemologic.com

ordebeaute.com

are the same bunch of scammers.

Lets take them down and sue for damages too.

dawnybaby646464

I RECENTLY HAD TTWO BRAIN TUMOURS REMOVED AND 6 WEEKS OF RADIATION

I WAS TRYING THE CREAMS OUT TO TREAT MYSELF AND TRY GET MY SKIN SOME THERAPY AFTER WHAT IT HAD BEEN THROUGH

THE DAY THIS COMPANY STOLE MY MONEY I HAD £223 IN MY ACCOUNT AND THIS WAS MY WEEKLY MONEY TO LOOK AFTER AND FEED MYSELF AND MY 9 YR OLD GRANDSON FOR THIS WEEK

WHEN THEY FINISHED I WAS LEFT WITH £26 IN MY ACCOUNT

THE BANK GAVE ME A £50 OVERDRAFT THAT DAY TO HELP ME OUT BUT I NOW HAVE TO PAY CHARGES FOR HAVING IT AND USING IT

HOW ELSE COULD WE EAT AND WHAT A POOR WEEK WE ARE HAVING ITS JUST NOT FAIR THAT someone in istanbull can just be stealing our money this way wrecking peoples lives Dawn messruther

dawnybaby646464
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom #1021710

I,M ON THE SAME PATH AS YOU HUNNY

THEY ARE NOT STEALING MY MONEY I WORKED TOO HARD FOR IT

ROBBING FEKERS EH X

ransom

But folks, here's the thing. If you read their fine print that I copied here from their web site, you did indeed agree to this obscene rip off.

Trial Offer Stemologica Kit with 3 Cremes

Try this luxurious skincare kit that includes everything you need to feel young and healthy again.

The set includes the Moisturizing Day Cream, Nourishing Night Cream and Lifting Eye Gel. all three luxurious creams are made with natural stem cells extracted from Swiss green apples for a silky-smooth, healthy, and radiant skin. Combine with any of our rich serums for truly astonishing results.

By buying this Special Offer Kit, you will pay only for shipping and handling upon placing the order and will then have 14 days (after processing and delivery time) to try our products and return them if you are not 100% satisfied. If you choose to keep this kit, you will be charged the full cost of $149.95.

A $1.95 restocking fee is applicable to all returns. Charges will appear on your statement as Stemologica.com STEMOLOGICA.COM8552560517 or AW*STEMOLOGICA.COM8552560517.

1 AutoRefill Program: when you enrol in our AutoRefill Program, we will automatically send you a replenishment of the products you have ordered according to our common replenishment guidelines (normally, every 30 calendar days).

Your card will be charged $99.87 accordingly upon dispatch of the replenishment package. AutoRefill can be cancelled at any time by simply logging into your account

to ransom Toronto, Ontario, Canada #1043245

You are missing the fact that when these scammers are offering "promotional gifts" as "compensation for taking a survey" those fine-prints and terms-&-conditions that exist on their website ARE NOT BEING presented at all. And of course they are NOT sending confirmation-email with full description of "online transaction" immediately after "transaction" has taken place, as every normal online merchant does.

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom #934803

They just did the same to me. Whay I should do?

to Monika #950285

Same to me! What should we do?This must be stop immediately!!!!!!!!

to lady Southport, England, United Kingdom #969254

and me! Paid small amount for postage and packaging of free sample on facebook (silly I know!)and noticed only last month that the company have been taking two lots of money each month (Stemologica and Gold Serum).

At no stage was I told about any trial or 14 day return policy or any 'terms and conditions'! so far they have stolen over £500!!!! My bank have refunded some of it based on the fact that I didn't receive items but not based on fraud as they say that once I give any payment to a company, I am bound by their terms and conditions, even if I haven't been made aware of them!!! Also that what I paid for is a subscription and it doesn't matter that I didn't know that!

How can this be!!!!!??? (Lloyds Bank). Has anyone ever received a full refund through Lloyds? Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do next?

This is money I can't afford to lose, as I'm sure is the case with most of us!! I have totally lost trust in my bank and can't believe that they feel I am tied into terms and conditions which I haven't had access to!!!!!

This can't be right can it?

I am happy to help with any joint action. This company needs stopping!

Tracey